Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you love cheesecake, you have to try this healthy twist on the favorite dessert. It’s made with matcha, which is chock full of antioxidants, and other health-conscious substitutes to traditional cheesecake ingredients, like walnuts and hemp seeds for the vegan-friendly crust. Trust us, these mini matcha cheesecakes taste as good as they look.
For the vegan cheesecake crust:
For the hemp seed matcha cheesecake:
For the chocolate drizzle:
To make the vegan cheesecake crust:
- Put pitted Medjool dates in a blender and blend until they form a mushy ball. Remove dates from the blender and set aside.
- Blend the walnuts and hemp seeds together until they form a grainy texture.
- Add in the dates and blend until evenly incorporated. The mixture should stick together when you pinch it.
- Spread a tablespoon of the crust mixture into the bottom of a muffin tin to form the crusts. Set aside.
To make the hemp seed matcha cheesecake:
- Blend all of the cheesecake ingredients until they form a creamy consistency.
- Divide the cheesecake mixture into the muffin tin that’s already lined with the crust.
- Cover the tin with plastic wrap and freeze for four hours.
To make the chocolate drizzle:
- Once cheesecakes are cooled, melt all the ingredients together.
- Drizzle over the hemp seed matcha cheesecakes, let cool and serve.
More from In The Know: