This article is brought to you by Kraft and created by In The Know’s commerce team. If you decide to purchase products through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
If you think the past year has felt longer than most, you’re not alone. It’s safe to say, many people have been waiting for 2020 to end and 2021 to kick off. So, ring in the highly-anticipated new year with these chocolate New Year’s Eve Party Parfaits.
The party parfait layers JELL-O chocolate pudding, cream cheese frosting, crushed Oreo cookie pieces and fresh strawberries in a champagne flute. It’s festive, easy-to-make and tastes downright heavenly. You’ll definitely want to make extras.
Keep in mind, JELL-O is an easy ingredient to add to all kinds of desserts, from no-bake mini cheesecakes to peanut butter chocolate chip pie. Pick up a JELL-O package — or a few — when you do your holiday grocery shopping this season.
No matter how you plan to celebrate the new year, whether it’s by wearing sequins and gathering with a few friends or taking a more low-key approach and wearing sweats on the sofa, do yourself a favor and make these yummy party parfaits.
- 5.9 oz JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2.5 cups milk
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Strawberries, for topping
- 5 champagne flutes
- Hand mixer
- Piping bags
- Whisk together the JELL-O chocolate flavor instant pudding with the milk, and set it aside in the refrigerator.
- Place the Oreos in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies into small pieces. Set aside a ½ cup of the cookie pieces, and pour the remaining pieces into a bowl.
- Add the melted butter to the cookie pieces, mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to soften the Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Add powdered sugar, and while mixing, add in the Cool Whip to make a sweet frosting.
- Transfer frosting to a piping bag. (If you don’t have one, you can use a plastic Ziploc bag and cut the corner to create one.)
- Next, transfer chocolate pudding to a piping bag.
- Add crushed cookie pieces to the champagne flutes.
- Next, pipe the frosting on top of the cookie pieces, then layer on the chocolate pudding mixture, then another layer of the frosting. Top with remaining cookie pieces, fresh strawberries and serve.
If you’re looking for more recipes, check out this creamy noodle kugel that’s perfect for Hanukkah.
More from In The Know: