This article is brought to you by Kraft and created by In The Know’s commerce team. If you decide to purchase products through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you like to skip dinner and go straight to dessert, you clearly haven’t tried this noodle kugel recipe.
Here, we soak wide egg noodles in a creamy, buttery sauce, then bake them in the oven until they’re slightly crispy on top. While it’s a savory dish and usually served alongside the main course, you’ll definitely feel like you’re treating yourself to an after-meal treat.
Every family has their preferred recipe for kugel, but if yours is in need of a revamp or you simply want to try something new, you can’t go wrong with this noodle kugel recipe.
- 1 cup Breakstone’s Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Breakstone’s Cottage Cheese
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz wide egg noodles, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup of cabbage
- Whisk together Breakstone’s Sour Cream, Breakstone’s Cottage Cheese, eggs and three tablespoons of melted butter. Set aside.
- Melt remaining two tablespoons of butter on a skillet over low-medium heat. Add onion, garlic and cabbage, and sauté for seven to eight minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked egg noodles to cheese and sour cream mixture, then fold in the onions and cabbage.
- Transfer noodles to a baking dish and bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh dill and serve.
If you’re looking for more recipes for celebrating Hanukkah, check out these air fryer Nutella rugelach with candied walnuts.
More from In The Know: