Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Take breakfast to the next level with this rich blueberry waffle bake that you can whip up the night before. It’s topped with a cinnamon sugar crumble and maple glaze.
- 10 waffles (homemade or Eggo waffles work!)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cups non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
For the crumb topping:
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon maple or vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Let waffles sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Cut waffles in half. In an 8×10 baking pan, place each waffle half cut side down. There should be two rows of 10 waffle halves in each. Pour the blueberries over the waffles, pushing berries in between waffles if you so choose.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, combine milk, brown sugar, beaten eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until well-combined. Pour egg mixture over the waffles and lightly press the waffles into the egg mixture so that each part of the waffle gets coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover the dish. Preheat oven to 350°F and make the crumb topping.
- In a small mixing bowl, melt butter in the microwave and stir in maple syrup. Add in flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together until it turns into coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over waffles.
- Place in oven and bake 50–55 minutes. While it’s baking, make the glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, maple extract, milk and butter, and stir together until smooth.
- When the waffles are done baking, drizzle glaze over the bake and serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also want to try making Disney’s famous Mickey Mouse waffles.
More from In The Know: