Toaster pastries are always an exciting addition to any breakfast, and it turns out that the tasty treat is super easy to make at home. In fact, the only tool you need to make a homemade toaster pastry is the ever-reliable panini press!
While panini presses are mostly used to make delicious sandwiches, the appliance has quite a few tricks up its sleeve. Here’s how to make panini press toaster pastries!
Note: The fillings and toppings below are just suggestions. Feel free to fill or top your pastries with whatever ingredients you want.
What you need
- Store-bought puff pastry sheets
- Strawberry jam
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles
1. Roll out puff pastry dough to ⅛ inch thick, then cut into 6 rectangles.
2. Add strawberry jam or chocolate hazelnut spread to half of the rectangles.
3. Make an egg wash using 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water, and brush it on the edges of the rectangles that have the filling
4. Lay the unfilled rectangles over the filled rectangles, and press down the edges using a fork.
5. Place the pastries in the panini press and lower the lid to hover just above the pastries. Cook for 6-7 minutes.
6. Make frosting by mixing powdered sugar, two drops of red food coloring and water together in a bowl. Drizzle the frosting over the pastries.
7. Add some rainbow sprinkles, and enjoy!
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you liked this story, read about the best cheap (but expensive-looking) home decor on Amazon.
More from In The Know: