Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
When it’s cold outside this winter, try this spin on a warming cup of hot chocolate. Top with homemade whipped cream, marshmallows and candy canes pieces for an extra festive garnish!
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon crushed peppermint candies, include more for garnish
- 5 1/2 cups of milk
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Mini marshmallows for garnish
- First, make the whipped cream: In a small bowl, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in crushed candy pieces.
- Make hot chocolate: In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around the pan’s sides. Stir chocolate into milk until smooth. Remove pan from heat and stir in mint extract.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream. Garnish with candy pieces and marshmallows.
If you’re looking for more recipes, check out these New Year’s Eve pudding party parfaits.
More from In The Know: