Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Pepperoni pizza and mac ‘n cheese are two comfort foods that are great on their own, but combined, they’re even better. You don’t have to take our word for it though — try out this recipe from Best Bites in the video above.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, you can start making the sauce. First, melt the butter and then whisk in flour and cook for one minute until slightly thickened.
- Add tomato paste and whisk in milk until smooth.
- Add oregano and red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil. Simmer for one minute on medium heat.
- Add in 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese and mix. Then, add cooked pasta and coat it in the sauce.
- Top the pasta with the remaining cheese and sprinkle pepperoni all over.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until pepperoni is crispy, cheese is melted and pasta is bubbling, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also want to try this recipe for a sweet take on pizza with whipped ricotta and berries.
More from In The Know: