Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Boost your chicken salad game with these delicate and delicious tea sandwiches topped with cucumbers.
Servings: 15 tea sandwiches
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, chilled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 slices white sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- More thinly sliced cucumber for garnish
- In a large bowl, make chicken salad by mixing chopped chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, tarragon, almonds, parsley, dill, green onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Spread chicken salad over 5 bread slices evenly. Make sure to keep salad away from crusts as you’ll be cutting these off.
- Add cucumber slices on top of salad.
- Use a bread knife to cut off crust from bread, then cut each sandwich into 3 rectangles.
- Decorate each sandwich with 3 thin cucumber slices on top and serve.
Enjoy making these sandwiches? Make these saucy beer and barbecue meatballs next.
More from In The Know: