Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Halloween calls for spooky decorations, festive costumes and, of course, pumpkins! Between carving pumpkins and roasting the seeds, you can also create your own sweet pumpkin patch at home with these adorable Halloween cupcakes, complete with a pretzel stem and frosting vines.
Get all of the ingredients and gadgets you need to make these sweet treats delivered as soon as same-day using Walmart+, a new membership program that includes free unlimited delivery. Need food coloring? Get it delivered. Need a new cupcake tin? It’s on its way.
For The Toppings:
Tools We’re Using
- Cupcake pan
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie scoop
- Cooling rack
- Decorating tip and bag set
- Measuring cup and scoop set
- Preheat oven to 350° F and place cupcake liners in tins.
- Pour chocolate cake mix, buttermilk, vegetable oil and eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Fill lined tins with batter and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cupcakes completely cool before frosting.
- Mix 2 1/2 containers of frosting with orange food coloring, and the remaining 1/2 of frosting with green food coloring.
- Pour orange frosting into a piping bag or use another plastic bag with a frosting tip (we’re using a 1M star tip). Pour green frosting into another piping bag with smaller opening for creating details.
- Pipe orange icing onto cupcake and stick a mini pretzel into the center to create a “pumpkin stem.”
- Create “vines” with the green frosting and serve.
More from In The Know: