Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
When it comes to the perfect fall dessert, few treats hit the spot like a pumpkin pie. But if you’re looking to pump up the classic pumpkin dessert, these pumpkin pie cupcakes are a delicious alternative that have enough pumpkin flavor to please any pie purists in your life. And the best part? These adorable cupcakes look almost as good as they taste!
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder
Ingredients for crust
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsps butter
- Food Processor
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
To make graham cracker crust
- Break the graham crackers while they are still in the packaging. Remove the packaging, then pulse the crackers in a food processor until the crumbs are fine. Add brown sugar and butter, then pulse again.
To make cupcakes
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and evaporated milk until well combined.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and batter is smooth.
- Put 1 heaping tablespoon of crust into each section of the muffin tin and press down on each one. Then, fill each muffin cup with approximately ⅓ cup of batter over the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the tin and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle some cocoa powder and/or some more pumpkin spice on top.
More from In The Know: