Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Elevate this classic, sweet breakfast roll by putting a raspberry spin on it. Make these raspberry swirl rolls for breakfast, brunch or dessert and enjoy them with a hot beverage.
Servings: 12 rolls
- 1 cup flour and 2 cups flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine one cup flour, granulated sugar and yeast in a bowl.
- Stir in warm milk, then stir in warm water. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes or until thick and foamy.
- Once ready, add butter and salt to the foamy mixture.
- Gradually mix in the last two cups of flour.
- Then, coat an 11″ by 8″ casserole or baking dish with oil. Line the dish with parchment paper and add more oil to the paper.
- In a separate bowl, mix raspberry jam, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface into a 12″ by 9″ rectangle.
- Spread the jam mixture across the dough with a spoon and sprinkle frozen raspberries on top.
- Roll dough into a tight log, starting from the longest side (the log should then be about 12″ in length).
- Using a long piece of unflavored dental floss, cut the log into 12 rolls. Do this by sliding the floss under the log roughly 1 inch from the end. Lift up the floss and cross to cut the roll into 1-inch pieces. (This method of using floss creates a cleaner cut.)
- Place rolls and cut side up to the prepared baking dish, spaced evenly.
- Cover and set aside for one hour to let rolls continue to rise. They should nearly double in size and be touching.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Brush rolls with heavy cream and place in the oven. Bake until lightly golden, about 25 to 27 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, mix sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle over warm rolls while they cool and serve.
If you like this recipe, check out this recipe for air fryer Nutella rugelach.
More from In The Know: