Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Party or no party, you have to make this cake. It’s the ultimate peanut butter chocolate treat — and you really don’t have to do much. Stack chocolate vanilla ice cream sandwiches to start, and the rest is just (delicious) toppings.
For the cake:
- 12 ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, warmed
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate
For the meringue:
- First, make the meringue. Using a stand mixer, beat the eggs with cream of tartar until they’re foamy. Slowly add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Move the meringue to a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Place four ice cream sandwiches on a serving plate. Using the piping bag, “glue” all sides of the ice cream sandwiches together with the meringue.
- Repeat this step twice with the remaining ice cream sandwiches to make tree big ice cream sandwich blocks.
- Then, pipe meringue in small dollops across the first set of ice cream sandwiches. (The sandwiches should be completely covered.) Repeat this on the other two sets of ice cream sandwiches.
- Place each set of ice cream sandwiches in the freezer until firm.
- To assemble the cake, gently pile all three frozen layers on top of each other using a spatula.
- Drizzle the warmed peanut butter and melted chocolate over the top and sprinkle with Reese’s Pieces.
If you liked this, check out this recipe for a Lucky Charms milkshake.
More from In The Know: