Chocolate, cookie, and caramel might just be the perfect candy flavor combo! If you’re craving a sweet treat that’s vegan-friendly, try this vegan DIY Twix bar recipe. Its perfectly crunchy cookie interior, creamy caramel topping, and decadent chocolate coating are sure to have your mouth watering. For a vegan twist on the classic Twix bar that’s healthier but just as tasty as the original, try this delicious recipe!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract, divided
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup maple syrup, for caramel
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 12 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for melted chocolate
- Sea salt
- Make your cookie dough by mixing the coconut flour, almond flour, coconut oil, ½ tsp of vanilla extract, and 2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey in a bowl.
- Add the dough to a parchment paper lined sheet pan, using a spatula to smooth and flatten the dough. Bake the dough at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Once baked, set the cookie base aside, but do not remove it from the sheet pan.
- Next, make the caramel. In a saucepan, heat the maple syrup and coconut cream until they begin to boil, then mix in the almond butter and remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla extract, then pour the mixture over the cookie base, using a spatula to smooth it.
- Freeze the cookie and caramel mixture for 30 minutes, then remove it from the freezer, remove it from the sheet pan, and slice it into 16 pieces.
- Mix the roughly chopped chocolate and 1 tbsp of coconut oil, then melt the chocolate on a stovetop or in the microwave.
- Dip each piece of candy into the chocolate so that it is fully submerged, then place the candies on a baking rack and sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Freeze your vegan Twix bars for 10 minutes, then enjoy!
More from In The Know:
The 8 best shoes for men with wide feet — Cole Haan, Nike, Sperry and more
Everyone's getting a 'lip gloss' manicure — here's everything you need to create the look at home
Where does the viral ‘side-eye’ TikTok sound come from?
'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Melissa Gorga 'confident' in her actions going into Season 13