In this episode of ITK Eats, we show you how to make a whole roasted cauliflower with homemade romesco hummus. A perfect showstopper for any dinner party, this dish can be made in just half an hour. Plus, it’s vegan-friendly and loaded with fresh herbs that give it an incredible flavor. Pro tip: You can double-up the hummus recipe so you have leftovers to snack on!
- 2 pounds cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup smooth tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted
- 1 red pepper, roasted
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 5 tablespoons water
- Sea salt
Cuisinart Custom 14-Cup Food Processor
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Core the cauliflower, and place it into a cast-iron skillet. Evenly pour olive oil onto the cauliflower and season with a teaspoon of sea salt. Then, cover the skillet with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
2. To make the hummus: Add chickpeas, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, almonds, red pepper, paprika and a teaspoon of sea salt to the food processor, and blend. While the food processor is on, slowly add in 5 tablespoons of water.
3. To serve: Cut the baked cauliflower into triangles and place on a generous dollop of hummus and garnish with paprika.
In The Know by Yahoo is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
More from In The Know:
This French onion pasta bake is comfort food at its finest
Hidden Valley Ranch is finally giving the people what they want — a new Pickle-Flavored Ranch dressing
Mother's Day gifts for every type of mom, starting at $15
This self-tanner gives you a gorgeous glow in as little as 2 hours — and it’s flying off the shelves thanks to TikTok