Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Potstickers may seem easier to eat when you order via takeout, but have a little faith. Follow these steps and you can make your own delicious sesame potstickers at home. These particular morsels are filled with lamb, but you could substitute another protein, if you prefer.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to tastse
- 2 teaspoons and 2 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- 40 round wonton wrappers
- 1/3 cup raw sesame seeds
- water (for sealing)
For dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the lamb, garlic, green onions, tarragon and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix. Drizzle with two teaspoons of olive oil.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the lamb mixture onto a round wonton wrapper. Lightly brush water around the edge of the wrapper and fold dough over the filling and pinch the edges to seal and make a half moon shape. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Gently dip the bottom of each dumpling in water then in the sesame seeds to coat. Repeat with the remaining dumplings.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is simmering, add the potstickers and cook until the bottoms are light brown, about two to three minutes. Then, carefully pour water into the skillet and immediately cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Turn heat to medium-low and let the dumplings steam for five to six minutes to cook the filling all the way through.
- Repeat with the remaining dumplings in batches.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix the sweet Thai chili sauce, low sodium soy sauce, pomegranate juice and pomegranate seeds in a small bowl.
- Garnish finished dumplings with green onions and serve.
More from In The Know: