Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Skip the bun and fill a sweet potato with slow-cooked Buffalo chicken. The sweet and spicy flavor combination is surprisingly delicious. Top it all with a homemade Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing and green onions — it’s a total flavor bomb. You’ll wish you made this recipe sooner.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Chopped green onions, for topping
For the Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing:
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Coat a slow cooker with nonstick spray and place the chicken in the bottom of the cooker.
- In a separate bowl, add the hot sauce, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, pepper and coconut oil. Microwave for 45 seconds.
- Pour the heated sauce over the chicken breasts and place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on high.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with a fork. (Make sure to leave the sauce in the slow cooker.)
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with water and pour back into the slow cooker with remaining hot sauce. Combine using a whisk. Cook sauce on high for 30 minutes.
- While the sauce cooks, bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes at 400° F.
- Once sauce is done, add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and toss it well with the sauce so that it’s entirely coated.
- Next, make the Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing. Mix the nonfat plain Greek yogurt, milk, white vinegar, black pepper and crumbled blue cheese until combined.
- Cut open cooked sweet potatoes and fill with shredded Buffalo chicken. Top with Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing and green onions.
If you like this recipe, check out this simple lemon honey chicken sheet pan dinner.
More from In The Know: