Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to hell. And by hell, I mean attempting to furnish a very tiny apartment. But between all of the eye-twitching and measuring, the silver lining is that this is your chance to get super creative and put your HGTV knowledge to use.
If you’re currently debating whether or not your small space needs a dining table, you need to just stop. A dining table is a difference between your apartment feeling like an adult space of your own and feeling like you’re living in a glorified dorm room. You need a dining table — or something that functions as a place to eat. TBH, it’s more important than dropping money on a couch.
The great thing is that small dining tables exist for all of the small apartments out there. From trendy marble tables to expandable table sets, the world is not wanting for small dining tables that cost more than your security deposit. In fact, we rounded up a few of our faves below:
Best Small Dining Tables
- Best Under $100: Best Choice Products 3-Piece Wooden Round Table & Chair Set, $89.99
- Best Expandable: Ebern Designs Saritha Drop Leaf Solid Wood Dining Table, $246.99
- Best Set: Yaheetech 3 Piece Dining Table Set, $71.99 (Orig. $79.99)
- Best Minimalist: Project 62 Braniff Round Dining Table Metal Base, $559.99
- Best Colorful: Anthropologie Grenada Indoor/Outdoor Bistro Table, $698
- Best for Hosting: Best Choice Products 45.5in 3-Piece Bench Style Dining Table Furniture Set, $169.99
- Best Glass: World Market Square Glass And Wood Mid Century Joel Dining Table, $499.99
- Best Marble: VECELO Small Round Dining Table Set for 2, $105.99
- Best High Boy: Red Barrel Studio Mitre Bar Height 36” Dining Table, $171.99
- Best Bed Tray: Urban Outfitters James Folding Bed Tray, $49
Keep scrolling to shop the best small dining tables out there. At the very least, copping a small dining table means you won’t be vacuuming up couch crumbs until the day you move out.
1. Best Under $100 Best Choice Products 3-Piece Wooden Round Table & Chair Set, $89.99
Promising Customer Review: “It is perfect for small spaces. We wanted a little coffee nook in our kitchen so we ordered this. It was easy to install and everything was included. I love the look of it, it’s perfect. I did remove a star for stability as it is a little wobbly, but one of those cloth stoppers for chairs did the trick.”
2. Best Expandable: Ebern Designs Saritha Drop Leaf Solid Wood Dining Table, $246.99
Promising Customer Review: “This little table is a very versatile piece that extends our dining table and folds away when not in use. One thing: the black or dark color is not at all black but a cherry wood-type color. Very easy to assemble, just the legs.”
3. Best Set: Yaheetech 3 Piece Dining Table Set, $71.99 (Orig. $79.99)
Promising Customer Review: “It assembled in a short time. It fits beautifully in my new kitchenette and I can pull my wheelchair up to it without any problem.”
4. Best Minimalist: Project 62 Braniff Round Dining Table Metal Base, $559.99
Promising Customer Review: “This table is perfect for my kitchen. I wanted something round and not too big for the area. Four chairs fit easily around it. The base is heavy so it is very stable. Easy to assemble though the base is heavy to move but worth the effort. The price was great compared to other tables that were similar.”
5. Best Colorful: Grenada Indoor/Outdoor Bistro Table, $698
Promising Customer Review: “I had concerns about this table before ordering — namely that the color was called “green” yet the pictures appeared turquoise, which is what I wished for. In-person, the mosaic tiles really are more of the turquoise/peacock color with tones of emerald green mixed in as well. I’m happy to report I haven’t experienced the issue with the sturdiness or craftsmanship”.
6. Best for Hosting: Best Choice Products 45.5in 3-Piece Bench Style Dining Table Furniture Set, $169.99
Promising Customer Review: “Great table and fits perfectly in my tiny apartment. Perfect size for two people but if you end up having to seat 4 it does get pretty tight. If you are a family of 4 I would opt for something slightly bigger but other than that it’s perfect.”
7. Best Marble: VECELO Small Round Dining Table Set for 2, $105.99
Promising Customer Review: “Love this dinette set. Easy assembly and very sturdy. Looks very nice for the price…not cheap looking. Great size too.”
8. Best Square: Square Glass And Wood Mid Century Joel Dining Table, $499.99
Promising Customer Review: “This table is sturdy, easy to assemble and unique enough in design to suit many environments. While none of the elements are unusual in and of themselves, once put together they have a fresh new look.”
9. Best High Boy: Red Barrel Studio Mitre Bar Height 36” Dining Table, $171.99
Promising Customer Review: “Nice addition to my space. Have received a number of compliments on it. I especially like the size of the table. I built this on my own. It wasn’t so bad but took a little longer than I anticipated.”
10. Best Bed Tray: Urban Outfitters James Folding Bed Tray, $49
Promising Customer Review: “This is a really multifunctional table! I use it as a work desk on the bed and also use it as a small coffee table when I eat on my carpet.”
If you liked this story, check out the best expensive-looking secret Nordstrom home sale finds.
Special Offer for YouSephora's sale section is full of deals on Fenty Beauty, Urban Decay and Tarte
More from In The Know:
The 54 best tech deals you need to snag this weekend — as low as $10
TikTok says lava lamps are back, and we couldn't be more on board
10 whimsical bubble mugs so unique your roommate won't even try to steal them
I immediately bought these printed sheets after I saw how luxe they made my BFF's bed look