Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Not every holiday feast has to be a formal affair. What’s important is sitting around the table, spending time with your family and eating a delicious, warm meal. For a worry-free dinner, give this recipe for stuffed Christmas bell peppers a try.
The peppers are stuffed with rice, tomatoes, onions and black beans, and topped with melted cheese and a sprinkle of cilantro. It’s an incredibly comforting meal that doesn’t take a whole lot of work. However, if you want to save time, you can make them in advance and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to put them in the oven. We also use Ready Rice to speed up the process — and order our groceries using Walmart+.
A Walmart+ membership includes free delivery from your store on orders over $35 (some restrictions may apply), including delivery as fast as same day. Use it to get groceries, cooking tools and more on your shopping list delivered from Walmart when you need them. You can sign up for a Walmart+ 15-day free trial and after that, it’s only $98 per year (or $12.95 per month).
Whether you’re making our stuffed Christmas bell peppers or need a last-minute baked good for a holiday gathering, save yourself the hour you’d use to run to the store. Instead, spend that quality time with your family and let Walmart deliver.
- 2 bags Ready Rice, prepared
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can of black beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese, to taste
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cut off the tops of the green and red bell peppers and remove the seeds. Set peppers aside in a baking dish.
- Next, dice the leftover tops of the peppers.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add diced onion, garlic and chopped pepper tops. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Then, add cherry tomatoes to the pan and season with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Fold in the already prepared Ready Rice and black beans.
- Once mixed, fill bell peppers with rice mixture
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes. Then, remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 8–10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and enjoy!
If you liked this story, check out these eight delicious beverages that taste like fall, but aren’t a pumpkin spice latte.
More from In The Know: