- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
2. Mix the mashed bananas, olive oil, sugar, eggs and pumpkin puree together in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, spice, flax seeds, chia seeds and hemp seeds.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring well to mix thoroughly. Add to loaf pan.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
6. Let your bread cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing, slicing and serving it.
- The loaf will keep at room temperature, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 4 to 5 days.
- You can also add ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips.
- Warm up your bread for 30 seconds in the microwave or oven.
- Enjoy for breakfast or as a snack with coffee or tea!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out three more pumpkin recipes that go beyond pumpkin pie!
More from In The Know: