Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Fun fact: Traditional Italian tomato bruschetta is actually pronounced “brew-skett-ah.” However, there’s nothing traditional about this butternut squash version that’s both sweet and savory — and perfect for fall.
Our butternut squash bruschetta is made with fresh sage, garlic, green onions, and balsamic vinegar, which is served on toasted baguette slices. And you can make life a little (actually a lot) easier by having all of the ingredients delivered right to your door with Walmart+.
Walmart+ makes it easy to get all of your groceries, cooking tools and more delivered when you want them. The membership includes free unlimited delivery on orders over $35. But perhaps the best part is that you can get your items delivered same day in a one hour delivery window of your choice. You can also choose to have delivery on another scheduled day of your choosing.
Whether you want to make this butternut squash bruschetta for a future get-together or later tonight, you can trust Walmart+ to deliver high-quality ingredients. Not only that, but think of all the time you would have spent driving to the store, parking, shopping and waiting in line! You’ll save yourself at least an hour, if not more.
Start your 15-day free trial of Walmart+ today to get the groceries and gadgets you need fast with free unlimited delivery. See membership details. $35 minimum order. Restrictions apply.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground sage
- 2/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for toasting the bread)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced
- fresh sage, for garnish
Tools we’re using
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Peel and cube the butternut squash. Then, peel and dice the garlic.
- Combine the butternut squash, garlic, sage, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the seasoned squash evenly on top of the parchment paper and place in the oven for 10–12 minutes.
- While the squash bakes, slice the baguette and lightly brush the slices with olive oil.
- Once the squash is almost or completely done cooking, place the bread on a separate baking sheet and place in the oven for 2–3 minutes to toast.
- Once the squash is done, transfer it to a mixing bowl and combine with balsamic vinegar and green onion.
- Spoon the butternut squash mixture on top of the toasted baguette slices, garnish with more fresh sage and serve.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also want to learn how to make this creamy butternut squash soup.
More from In The Know: