If you’ve never made your own candy, you might as well “pop” things off with this fun lollipop recipe. These homemade pops are stacked with sweet and sour flavor, giving the whole family a tasty treat that’s perfect as a picnic dessert or as a sweet, eye-catching centerpiece for a summer gathering.
One very important note: If you’re making these with kids around, just remember to set aside your own secret stash. These pops are sure to go quickly!
7-ounce bag of sour hard candies, such as Jolly Ranchers
6-ounce bag of sweet hard candies, such as Life Savers
Plastic zip-up bags
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Fill up a plastic bag with the sour hard candies and zip up the bag. Then fill up a separate bag with the sweet hard candies and close it up.
3. Place each bag down on a flat and hard surface, and use a mallet or a spoon to break up the candy into smaller pieces. Then pour the crushed candy into 2 separate bowls.
4. Using a spoon, transfer a mix of both candies from the plastic bags into a silicone lollipop mold.
5. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7 minutes, or until the candy is melted.
6. After the candy is baked, insert the wooden lollipop sticks into the molds, and spin the sticks until each one is covered by the hot candy.
7. Let the lollipops cool for 15 minutes.
8. Carefully remove the lollipops, and enjoy!
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, read about 5 lemon hacks on TikTok.
More from In The Know: