One of the best ways to eat shrimp is drenched in a delicious sauce. Shrimp is the perfect flavor vehicle for whatever you cook it in, and this sweet and spicy mango shrimp dish proves it. So grab your skillet and try this tangy recipe the next time you want to kick dinner up a notch.
- 1 pound large raw, deveined shrimp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 4 little sweeties peppers, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 mango, chopped
- Chopped green onions and/or cilantro for garnish
- Sesame seeds and lime juice to finish off the dish
- Prepare your shrimp by seasoning it with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing garlic, soy sauce, and sweet Thai chili sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, sauté the peppers until softened.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until they’re pink and cooked through. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the green onions, sauce, and some squeezes of lime juice to the pan and fold everything together.
- Add the mango, red onion, and finally garnish with cilantro. Stir to incorporate everything.
- Plate the shrimp with optional rice or noodles on the side. You can also sprinkle sesame seeds on top, or add lime wedges on the side.
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you liked this story, you may also enjoy the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next outdoor gathering.
More from In The Know: