Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
- 3 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons pitted olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Rinse lentils and set to simmer in water over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until almost soft. Drain and set aside.
- Combine apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Mix lentils with sun-dried tomatoes, peppers and olives in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over lentil mixture and stir to combine.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
If you enjoyed making this, try finessing your culinary game by making goat cheese quiche.
More from In The Know: