Traditionally featuring gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth, a negroni is a classic Italian cocktail that packs a flavorful punch. On this episode of In The Know: Bar Master, mixologist and cocktail expert, Josué Gonzaléz (@josue.allday) takes the basic negroni on a trip to paradise, with his signature Negroni Tropical. Featuring flavors like pineapple and coconut, the Negroni Tropical is the perfect way to get a sip of sunshine all-year-round!
- .75 oz Plantation Pineapple Rum
- .25 oz Smith & Cross Jamaican Rum
- .75 oz toasted coconut Campari (Josué makes this by infusing Campari with toasted coconut flakes overnight)
- .75 oz Punt e Mes Vermouth
- Lemon peel (for garnish)
- Pineapple frond (for garnish)
- Edible flower (for garnish)
- Combine the pineapple rum, Jamaican rum, Campari, and vermouth in a mixing glass.
- Fill the mixing glass up with ice, then stir well using a bar spoon.
- Rub a lemon peel together over the cocktail, getting the aromatic oils inside the glass.
- Garnish with pineapple fronds and a flower. Cheers!
More from In The Know:
- How to make your own expanding foam mirror
- Best breakfast-in-bed recipes for Mother's Day
- This wrinkle-resistant bamboo sheet set has over 120,000 5-star reviews on Amazon — get it while it's on sale
- 7 self-tanners our editors swear by and actually use in real life