Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Everyone knows that at most Thanksgiving dinner tables, the center of attention is the roast turkey—and that can be pretty intimidating for hosts! If you’re on the hook to prepare the holiday bird, don’t worry. Here are some tips on how to make the perfect Thanksgiving turkey.
- 1 fresh turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup of rosemary
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole lemon, halved
- 1 Spanish onion, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, halved crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add peppercorn to your mortar and pestle set and crush. Then, add the rosemary and salt, followed by the lemon zest.
- Season the turkey inside and out with the salt blend.
- Put onion, garlic and lemon halves into the cavity of the turkey.
- Tie the turkey legs using cooking twine, and put the turkey in a pan and tuck the wings.
- Cook the turkey for around 2.5 hours at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh and confirm it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before removing from the oven to ensure doneness. After about an hour, brush the turkey with some oil or butter.
More from In The Know: