- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of chili or crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed or melted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 12 slices fresh prosciutto roughly torn
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- Fresh watercress
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta as directed on box, until al dente.
- While pasta boils, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the parmesan to the eggs.
- Chop and add basil and parsley to the mixture with a pinch of salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk well.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain and put back into the original pot used to boil.
- Quickly add the egg mixture to the hot pasta and toss for 2-3 minutes so the eggs cook and form a creamy sauce.
- Add the butter and peas and toss once more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the prosciutto and toss again.
- Top your dish with burrata, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh watercress.
If you enjoyed reading this article, you might also like making this goat cheese quiche.
More from In The Know: