Looking for a lunch recipe that has it all? Then it’s time to try these Buffalo tofu tacos with green goddess salad! Inspired by the viral green goddess salad TikTok recipe, these tacos are packed with vibrant fresh veggies, creamy avocado dressing, and spicy tofu for maximum flavor. On this episode of In The Know: Kitchen Etc, join vegan cookbook author Carleigh Bodrug (@plantyou) as she shares her take on the viral green goddess salad trend.
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil spray
Green Goddess Salad
- ½ small head cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 cucumbers, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chives, finely diced
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp soaked cashews
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- 8 corn tortillas
- Pickled onions
- Chop tofu and add it to a bowl.
- Add hot sauce to the bowl and toss until tofu is evenly coated.
- Add the tofu to an air fryer and spray it with olive oil.
- Air fry the tofu for 15 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit until the tofu is crispy.
Green Goddess Salad
- Toss cabbage, cucumbers, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add avocado, parsley, cilantro, soaked cashews, garlic cloves, salt, and water to a blender and blend until creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender periodically. Add more water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss until fully combined.
- Fry tortillas in a pan for 20 seconds on each side to make them more pliable and less likely to rip.
- Lay the tortillas out on a plate, then top them with the green goddess salad and Buffalo tofu.
3. Garnish the tacos with any leftover green goddess dressing and the pickled onions, and enjoy!
More from In The Know:
- FYI: The Dyson Airwrap is on sale for $150 off at Nordstrom Rack — but you need to act fast!
- The 24 best Nordstrom Rack Black Friday sales with deals up to 95% off
- This $8 top coat on Amazon makes regular nail polish look shiny and stay chip-free just like a gel manicure
- Shoppers say this $9 foot cream on Amazon is the best for healing dry, cracked feet fast: 'This stuff is amazing'