Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
It doesn’t matter what the question is, the answer is always cinnamon rolls! The warm, gooey pastry solves any problem, and is a crowd pleasing dessert at any get together. If you’re looking for a new spin on the classic cinnamon roll for your next holiday party, try them in cookie form with this delicious recipe!
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir the sugar cookie mix, softened butter, flour and egg until a dough forms. Then, on a floured surface, roll the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the rolled out dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly over the dough.
- Roll up the dough in a jelly-roll fashion, starting at the long side. Then, wrap the dough roll in plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375° F. Remove the dough from the freezer and cut it into 3/4-inch slices. Place the slices on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the dough slices for 11-12 minutes, or until the edges are light golden brown.
- For the icing, mix the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth, and then drizzle the mixture over the cooled cookies. Dig in!
More from In The Know: