Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
A creative sweet treat is a great way to top off a festive holiday meal, but whipping up holiday-themed desserts can be complicated and time-consuming. Luckily, there are plenty of tips and tricks for making holiday desserts that will wow your guests without causing you to release your inner Grinch. Here are some creative and simple hacks for the perfect holiday dessert!
1. Measure and chop your ingredients ahead of time
Prepping your ingredients ahead of time will save you tons of time. Store your ingredients in plastic zip-up bags or tupperware until you’re ready to use them.
2. Use squeeze bottles to decorate cookies
Using squeeze bottles is a great way to ensure that your holiday cookies are decorated to perfection. The bottles will give you increased control over the frosting, allowing you to create designs you never thought you were capable of!
3. Turn ice cream cones into Christmas trees
This easy Christmas “Treet” will steal the show at any holiday party. Place an ice cream cone upside down on top of a cupcake, and cover the cone with green frosting. Then, add some hard candy “ornaments” and any other tasty decorations that you wish!
4. Make snowmen with powdered donuts
Give your oven the break it deserves by making these adorable snowmen! Stack three mini powdered donuts on a wooden skewer to create the snowman’s body. Then, add chocolate chip eyes to the top donut, and use a Twizzler to create a cozy red scarf. Add an orange candy as the nose, and round things out with a chocolate chip smile and some candy buttons.
More from In The Know:
- 8 fashionable styles from Walmart to outfit or gift your family this season
- 7 top-rated subscription gifts that keep on giving
- Mom films Elf on the Shelf's hysterically 'silly' antics for TikTok: 'Elves are real y'all!'
- This heated razor will give you the closest, most luxurious shave at home