Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
But it never hurts to think outside of the box with your kitchen gadgets. In The Know’s Kitchen Hacks is back with three hand mixer hacks that will get you the most out of your device. After all, hand mixers aren’t just for prepping brownie batter and flour mixes.
1. Shredding chicken
If you’ve got leftover chicken in the fridge and want to throw together a quick meal, this hack has got you covered.
1. Set your hand mixer on low
2. Place your chicken in a bowl and let it work its magic.
You can use shredded chicken for salads, rice bowls, soups and tacos.
2. Cutting and peeling kiwis
Kiwis can get a bit mushy when you’re handling them, but this hack will make things easier.
Just push one beater into half a kiwi and twist. You’ll have it sliced into sections in seconds. Toss it in fruit salads, smoothies or enjoy it on its own.
3. Upgrading your hand mixer with a splatter guard
Sometimes using a hand mixer can get messy. Here’s a quick, inexpensive fix.
1. Measure the distance between the two beaters.
2. Take a paper plate and puncture two holes the same distance apart as the beaters.
3. Remove the beaters, then insert them into the paper plate’s holes.
4. Screw the beaters back in with the paper plate fastened between the beaters and the handle.
Never have batter splatter on you again!
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, read about other Kitchen Hacks here.
More from In The Know: