Peanut butter cups are one of the main pillars of the candy shelf. They’re a tried and true classic that satisfies in both texture and flavor. And while there’s nothing wrong with the original peanut butter cup, frequent consumers can agree that the candy sometimes leaves you wanting something more. If you’ve ever wanted to put a new spin on the old favorite that is peanut butter cups, try this nut butter cup recipe that makes 3 delicious flavors.
- ¼ cup cookie butter
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 4 oz white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Place your silicone nut butter cup mold on a sheet tray.
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a bowl, and microwave on high for 30-second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place a light teaspoon of the melted chocolate into the first 10 molds of the silicone sheet, then lightly tap the tray to flatten the chocolate.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of cookie butter on top of the melted chocolate, and then put another teaspoon of the melted chocolate on top of the cookie butter, spreading to cover.
- Sprinkle the nut butter cups with sea salt.
- Repeat these steps with the white chocolate chips and almond butter, and the semi-sweet chocolate chips with the peanut butter.
- Freeze the tray until the nut butter cups are firm. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Unmold the nut butter cups and dig in!
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you liked this story, check out these best-selling kitchen shears that just went on sale.
More from In The Know: