Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Serving: Makes 8 donuts
- 1 cup white chocolate, melted
- Green food coloring
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 drops peach food coloring
- 1 can ready-made biscuits, 1″ thick
- Canola oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Make leaf garnish: Mix green food coloring into 1/2 cup melted white chocolate. Paint mint leaves with the white chocolate mixture. Place into the refrigerator until they’re hardened.
- Make icing glaze: In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk until smooth and the sugar has completely dissolved. Add about 3 drops of peach food coloring and mix until well-combined. (Optional: Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixture for flavor)
- Preheat fryer oil to 325° F in a large frying pan. Place one biscuit at a time into hot oil and fry for 5-6 minutes. Flip frequently. Remove donuts from oil and let them cool and crisp up on a wire rack.
- Once cool enough to touch but still warm, dip donuts into peach glaze.
- Garnish: Using leftover melted white chocolate, paint a thin line down the donut. Peel mint leaves off of hardened white chocolate. Stick chocolate leaves to donuts using more melted white chocolate.
If you enjoyed making these donuts, you should also try whipping up watermelon lemonade slushies.
More from In The Know: