Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Teatime wouldn’t be complete without scones, and these tasty raspberry scones are perfect for your next mid-day soirée. The recipe for these soft and crumbly scones features an infusion of fresh raspberries and a tangy lemon glaze. Whether serving them for breakfast or afternoon tea, these decadent yet delicate raspberry scones will be a surefire hit amongst your family and friends!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp whole milk, divided
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- Brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the unsalted butter and use a fork to combine it with the mix.
- Pour ¾ of a cup of whole milk and 1 teaspoon of the pure vanilla extract into the bowl, then thoroughly combine.
- Add the raspberries to the bowl and use your hands to fold them into the dough.
- Transfer the ball of dough to a floured surface, then divide it into eighths.
- Place each piece of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper before brushing them with 2 tablespoons of whole milk.
- Top each slice of dough with the brown sugar and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes.
- Make the icing for the scones by whisking together the confectioners’ sugar, fresh lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract before adding a splash of whole milk.
- Transfer the scones to a drying rack and drizzle the lemon icing over each one before serving.
More from In The Know: