Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Enjoy the comforting vibes of your favorite local deli right from your kitchen with the help of this delicious Italian sausage sandwich recipe. With just seven ingredients and a speedy prep time, these mouth-watering Italian sausage rolls are both the perfect crowd-pleaser to whip up for a last-minute, casual get-together and the ultimate comfort food for when you’re on the go.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sausages
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 8 slices Gruyère cheese, divided
- Chop off the ends of the broccoli rabe.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat, followed by the sausages, and cook them until brown and roasted on both sides.
- Transfer the sausages from the skillet to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Coat the broccoli rabe in the chopped garlic and remaining olive oil while cooking, then pour in the water and continue sautéeing in the skillet for a short while longer.
- Slice the hoagie rolls in half and hollow out the bread inside to make room for the filling.
- Fill each hollowed hoagie roll half with a sausage between two slices of the Gruyère cheese and a few leaves of the sautéed broccoli rabe.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil before popping them in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Unwrap each sandwich before plating them, and enjoy!
More from In The Know: