Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Pack on the heat and flavor with this amazing recipe for spicy tuna bites! Consisting of bite-sized fried rice cubes topped with mashed avocado, ahi tuna covered in homemade sriracha mayo, and a jalapeño drizzle for an extra kick, these spicy tuna bites are so tasty, friends and family will definitely be coming back for seconds. If you’re looking for new nibbles to serve at your next gathering, add this recipe for these spicy tuna bites to your list!
- 1 ½ cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb. finely chopped sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 3 tbsp Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Mashed avocado
- Jalapeño drizzle
- Chopped chives
- Sesame seeds
- Add the sushi rice to a rice cooker, followed by water and salt, then cook according to the instructions.
- Combine the rice vinegar, granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in a bowl.
- Transfer the cooked rice from the rice cooker to a mixing bowl and coat the rice evenly with the rice vinegar mix.
- Transfer the rice to a square pan lined with 2 sheets of plastic wrap and mold it into a half-inch thick block, then cover it with 2 sheets of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Coat the chopped sushi-grade ahi tuna with Kewpie mayonnaise, soy sauce, lime juice, 2 teaspoons of sesame oil, and the sriracha in a bowl.
- Remove the rice block from the pan and plastic wrap and cut it into bite-sized rectangles.
- Add the vegetable oil to a heated pan and fry each bite-sized rectangle in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, then transfer to a drying rack.
- Transfer the fried rice rectangles to a plate for assembly.
- Assemble the tuna bites by topping each fried rice rectangle with a spoonful of mashed avocado, followed by a spoonful of spicy tuna, the jalapeño drizzle, a sprinkle of chopped chives, and sesame seeds.
More from In The Know: