Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
This healthy, homemade baked crispy chicken sandwich tastes so much better than your fast food favorite, and the best part is it doesn’t require a deep fryer! With a tender center and perfectly crispy exterior, this chicken sandwich recipe makes for a delicious and inexpensive lunch. Paired with a honey mustard aioli and topped with lettuce, tomato, and crunchy pickles, you’ll want to make this sandwich over and over again.
Honey Mustard Aioli
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Toppings for the Chicken Sandwiches
- Potato buns
- Honey mustard aioli (recipe above)
- For the honey mustard aioli, mix the mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, and dijon mustard together in a small bowl. Then, add some salt and pepper to taste and mix again. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sea salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, mix the egg, milk, 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, cornstarch and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice your chicken breasts through the center to create two thin halves per breast. Sprinkle the sliced chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Coat each chicken breast half in the breading mixture, then the marinade mixture, and then the breading mixture again before placing them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken breasts at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts and dress your buns with lettuce, tomato, pickles and honey mustard aioli before topping your sandwich with the crispy chicken breast. Enjoy!
More from In The Know:
Man drives TikTok crazy with ‘underhand knock’ trend
Amazon sells real diamond earrings — studs start at just $60
Twitch streamer Amouranth reveals how much money she gets from donors during livestreams
Cheer team protests after school failed to include them in National Women in Sports Day post