Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
For a breakfast so decadent it almost feels like a dessert, try this caramelized banana brioche baked French toast recipe! Its sweet, caramelized bananas, spicy cinnamon flavor, and crispy baked brioche bread unite to make the perfect flavor combination. Whether you’re hosting a brunch get-together or craving a sweet treat, this banana brioche baked French toast recipe is sure to hit the spot!
- 1 loaf brioche bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar for the French toast + ⅔ cup packed brown sugar for the bananas
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup salted butter
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Cut the brioche into thick slices, then cut the slices into 1-inch thick cubes. Put the brioche cubes in a bowl, and set them aside for now.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined. Set the mixture aside.
- Melt butter in a pan, then add brown sugar and mix until the butter and sugar combine. Add the banana slices in a single layer and cook until they begin to caramelize.
- Top the bananas with pecans, brioche cubes, the egg mixture, and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Remove the pan from the heat and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours. Then, bake the pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the pan and flip the French toast onto the plate. To serve, cut the French toast into slices and garnish with maple syrup, fresh berries, and powdered sugar.