When it’s not quite time for dinner yet and lunch is hours behind you, a small and not-too-heavy snack is just what the doctor ordered. On this episode of In The Know: Recipe Remix, TikTok-famous chef Shihan Chowdhury (@chilipeppercooks) shares his flavorful recipe for spicy chicken noodles, which are the perfect early evening comfort food snack that won’t spoil your appetite for dinner!
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into square pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Rice noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 2 tbsp garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, diced
- 2 whole Fresno peppers, sliced
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 whole Thai chili peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- Cut the chicken thighs into small square pieces and place them in a medium bowl.
- Add oil and the seasoning to the chicken and mix well. Make sure to wear gloves for this step!
- Put about 4 tbsp of oil into a sauté pan and cook the chicken on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes and set aside.
- In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, add some oil, the sliced yellow onion and bottom part of the green onions, and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and Fresno peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and fully cook until the eggs are done.
- Add the noodles, cooked chicken, coconut aminos, and maple syrup and stir and cook for another 2-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cilantro and Thai chili peppers.
- Add a drizzle of chili oil and it’s ready to eat!
More from In The Know:
5 matzah recipes that go beyond soup
9 spring tops from Lulus that are perfect for everything from birthday brunches to first dates
The 54 best tech deals you need to snag this weekend — as low as $10
This $50 midi dress is easily my favorite summer staple, so I bought it in two colors