Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Kick off your meal with this colorful and nutritious roasted beet salad! Featuring beets of three different colors, oranges and arugula, this fresh salad packs layers of flavor and texture, and it’ll serve as an attractive—and delicious—centerpiece to any dinner party. If you’re looking for a salad that’s sure to impress, it’ll be hard to “beet” this easy recipe!
- 3 small red beets
- 3 small pink beets
- 3 small yellow beets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup arugula
- Place the small red beets on a sheet of tinfoil, then add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix the beets with your hands, until they are fully coated.
- Wrap the beets tightly with the foil, then place on a sheet pan.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the small pink beets and the small yellow beets.
- Bake the beets at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove the beets from the oven. Slice off the ends, and use a paper towel to remove the skin (it should come off easily.) Then, slice the beets up into chunks. Once the beets are peeled and chopped, set them aside.
- Make the dressing. In a glass mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and honey and whisk together.
- As you whisk, slowly pour in half a cup of olive oil and add a dash of salt, to taste. Set the dressing aside.
- Peel the orange, keeping the rind to use as a zest. Then slice the orange into wedges.
- Add 1 cup of arugula to a large salad bowl, then top with the beets and sliced orange.
- Top with the dressing and garnish with orange zest. Enjoy!
More from In The Know:
16 body-inclusive lingerie sets that are actually worth your coins
TikTokers adding new layer to shadowboxing game
Who is Fossil Daddy? Meet TikTok's favorite paleontologist
10 tiny little tables for your tiny little apartment