Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
What is Christmas without Christmas cookies? They’re a delicious holiday treat that show up in many flavors and forms. But if you’re looking to level up your batch of Christmas cookies this year, try turning them into a 3D cookie Christmas tree!
- Gingerbread (or sugar) cookie mix, prepared
For the buttercream frosting
- 8 ounces of butter
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 5 drops of green food coloring
- Sprinkles and candy cane pieces for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using the star cookie cutter set, cut out the stars (2 of each size). Bake for 6-12 min. (Time will vary, less for smaller and more for larger cookies.)
- Make the buttercream frosting by adding butter into the bowl of a stand mixer and whip. Then, mix in sugar and salt on low speed until mostly combined. Add the vanilla and increase the speed to medium-high and mix until smooth. Adjust the consistency with milk, if needed.
- Once the cookies are done baking and cooled, stack them on top of each other, from the biggest to the smallest, putting a bit of buttercream in between each cookie to hold them all together.
- Decorate the rest of the tree with buttercream, sprinkles, and candies. Pro tip: Add buttercream to a piping bag for easier decorating.
More from In The Know: