Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Ready for your next family-favorite dinner recipe? This creamy pesto chicken pasta is a quick and easy healthy meal that everyone will love. And the best part is it only takes 30 minutes to make! Serve this flavorful sauce over your choice of pasta—or go for a low-carb substitute with some zucchini noodles.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (set some aside for garnish)
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice from half a lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup basil pesto (recipe above)
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pasta water
- ½ lb. cooked penne pasta
- First, make your pesto. In a food processor, add the basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic cloves and fresh lemon juice and blend. Then, slowly add the olive oil and blend until well incorporated. You should end up with a nice paste. Lastly, add salt and pepper to taste and blend one last time. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat up your olive oil and then add the minced garlic and cook.
- Next, add your cubed chicken to the pan along with some salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook the chicken while stirring frequently. Once cooked, set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan you cooked your chicken in, melt the butter and then add the flour and whisk.
- Next, add your chicken broth while whisking constantly.
- Then, whisk in the half-and-half.
- Add your pesto (recipe above) to the mix and whisk.
- Next, add the mozzarella cheese to the mix and stir it in while it melts.
- Add the parmesan cheese, stirring it into the mix while it melts.
- Add some pasta water to the sauce and stir.
- Next, add your cooked penne pasta to the pesto sauce and stir.
- Finally, plate your pasta in a shallow bowl, adding a few pieces of chicken on top. Garnish with fresh basil and black pepper, and enjoy!
More from In The Know:
Man asks woman to drive more than 2 hours for first date: 'Am I doing all the hard work here?'
New Yorker makes case for talking to strangers: 'Step 1, be pretty'
You need to take this compact 3-in-1 wireless charger on your next trip if you want to charge your iPhone, AirPods and Apple Watch
Woman cooks entire steak lunch at office desk and TikTok has questions