Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
What better way to wake up on a holiday morning than with a breakfast of French toast featuring an eggnog twist? Eggnog’s function needn’t be confined to a beverage, for the festive staple works deliciously in a variety of recipes, especially French toast. Turn up the holiday cheer by serving this eggnog French toast with whipped cream and crushed candy canes—a festive recipe that will surely become a holiday favorite for the whole family.
- 1 ½ cups eggnog
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp rum extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 one-inch thick slices of country-style bread
- Whipped cream
- Candy cane bits
- Add the eggnog, eggs, rum extract, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg to a mixing bowl, then thoroughly combine.
- Fry each coated piece of bread on the pan for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- After cooking, plate the eggnog French toast and top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane bits.
More from In The Know:
- These banana pancakes are a sweet way to start your day
- Woman's ex-boyfriend never left the family when they broke up
- This pocket-sized phone holder mounts to airplane tray tables so you can watch movies during your flight: 'The best $12 I've ever spent'
- I tried Ray-Ban Stories — the smart glasses that take photos, make calls, play music and more