Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Step up your summer dinner party game with this sweet Thai mango sticky rice. The popular Southeast Asian dish features chunks of fresh mango piled around a mass of sticky rice topped with a coconut-tapioca sauce and sesame seeds. And the best part is it only requires a few ingredients to make! Make this summer one to remember with this sweet Thai mango sticky rice recipe!
- 1 ½ cups uncooked short-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 3 mangos, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then, cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Let the rice simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the water is completely absorbed.
- Add 1 ½ cups of coconut milk to a separate saucepan over medium heat along with 1 cup of sugar and ½ teaspoon of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove it from the heat and combine it with the cooked rice. Cover the saucepan and let the rice cool for 1 hour.
- Combine ½ cup of coconut milk with 1 tablespoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt, and tapioca starch in a saucepan, then bring to a boil.
Transfer the sticky rice to a serving dish by packing it into a bowl, then turning it upside down over the plate. Arrange the mangos around the sticky rice, then top with the coconut-tapioca sauce and sesame seeds.
More from In The Know: