Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Take a trip to Germany by whipping up a classic and crispy pork schnitzel! Perfect for dinner any night of the week, this pan-fried pork schnitzel is easy to make and easy to pair with a wide range of side dishes and sauces, especially strawberry jam! If you’re in the market for a tasty take on a humble dish—that’ll still give you plenty of reasons to show off—definitely give this pork schnitzel a go!
- ½ inch-thick pork chops
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- Dash of milk
- Canola oil
- Strawberry jam
- Place each pork cutlet on a hard surface, with parchment paper underneath. Place another piece of parchment paper on top, then use a rolling pin or mallet to flatten the cutlet until it’s thin. Set the thin cutlets aside.
- Add the flour, garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper to a mixing bowl, and stir. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs with a pinch of nutmeg, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together two eggs and a dash of milk, then set aside.
- Set up your station. Pour the seasoned flour mixture onto a sheet pan, and the breadcrumbs onto another sheet pan. Make sure the egg mixture is close by.
- Heat up canola oil in a frying pan.
- Coat a pork cutlet in the seasoned flour, then soak it in the egg wash, before finally coating in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the cutlet on a rack.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until all of the cutlets are coated.
- Fry each cutlet in the frying pan until browned on both sides and fully cooked.
- Plate immediately, then top with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with a side of strawberry jam, and enjoy!
More from In The Know:
I'm a lifestyle editor, and here are 21 Nordstrom new arrivals I can't stop thinking about for spring
Bella Thorne calls out Sundance fan who asked her to sign 'sexy,' 'underage' photos of herself
TikTok loves these custom throw blankets, and they’re finally on sale