Ever thought you could distill a vacation in a cocktail? Well, with this whiskey highball recipe you can! On this episode of In The Know: Bar Master, mixologist and cocktail expert, Josué Gonzaléz (@josue.allday) gives the traditional whiskey soda a tropical twist using banana liqueur and carbonated coconut water to make the Caribbean Dream.
- 1.5 oz The Glenlivet Caribbean Cask
- 0.25 oz Amontillado sherry
- 0.25 Tempus Fugit Crème De Banane Liqueur
- 2 dashes of lemon bitters
- 4 oz carbonated coconut water
- Lemon oils, fresh mint, and coconut strips for garnish
- Throw 2 dashes of lemon bitters into the bottom of the glass.
- Pour in the banana liqueur, Amontillado sherry, and Glenlivet Caribbean Cask whiskey.
- Add ice cubes to the glass so that they reach the top.
- Add the carbonated coconut water, incorporating it with a spoon as your pour.
- Top off your Caribbean Dream with some lemon aromatics, coconut strips, and fresh mint sprigs and set your watch to island time!
More from In The Know: