Ever thought you could distill a vacation in a cocktail? Well, with this whiskey highball recipe you can! On this episode of In The Know: Bar Master, mixologist and cocktail expert, Josué Gonzaléz (@josue.allday) gives the traditional whiskey soda a tropical twist using banana liqueur and carbonated coconut water to make the Caribbean Dream.
- 1.5 oz The Glenlivet Caribbean Cask
- 0.25 oz Amontillado sherry
- 0.25 Tempus Fugit Crème De Banane Liqueur
- 2 dashes of lemon bitters
- 4 oz carbonated coconut water
- Lemon oils, fresh mint, and coconut strips for garnish
- Throw 2 dashes of lemon bitters into the bottom of the glass.
- Pour in the banana liqueur, Amontillado sherry, and Glenlivet Caribbean Cask whiskey.
- Add ice cubes to the glass so that they reach the top.
- Add the carbonated coconut water, incorporating it with a spoon as your pour.
- Top off your Caribbean Dream with some lemon aromatics, coconut strips, and fresh mint sprigs and set your watch to island time!
More from In The Know:
5 spring/summer fashion trends you need in your closet, according to the style experts at Aritzia
5 pretty cream blushes that'll make it look like you just napped on the beach
Movie theater worker shares customer's 'worst attempt' at sneaking food into the theater
Dial antibacterial hand soaps and refills are on sale on Amazon for as low as $8