Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Kick off soup season with the coziest and quickest take on Tom Kha Gai! This Thai-style coconut soup is the perfect combination of flavorful and comforting. Made with ginger, Thai chilis, and honey, it’s sweet, savory, and just a little bit spicy. If you’re craving a warm meal that’s hearty and easy to make, you can’t do better than this Thai-style coconut soup.
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup canned straw mushrooms, drained
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full-fat coconut milk, divided
- 6 to 8 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 2 whole red Thai chilis (optional)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp minced fresh lemongrass
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Grated zest of one lime
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Add chicken broth or water, cubed chicken breasts, straw mushrooms, half a can of coconut milk, ginger, 1 tbsp of fish sauce, lemongrass, honey, and salt to an Instant Pot. For some extra spice, add 2 whole red Thai chilis.
- Set the Instant Pot at low pressure for one minute. At the end of the cooking time, quickly release the pressure.
- Add the other half of the can of coconut milk, lime juice, the second tablespoon of fish sauce, and lime zest to the pot, and stir.
- Serve up the soup, and garnish it with fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Dig in!
More from In The Know: