Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
In this episode of In The Know Cooking: Kitchen Etc, content creator and chef, Tway Nguyen (@twaydabae), takes on the pesto eggs breakfast trend by putting her own spin on it and making a Vietnamese pesto!
- 2 oz cilantro
- 1 oz mint
- 2 oz basil
- Fish sauce
- Sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 30 grams brown sugar
- 4 oz peanuts
- 2 oz jalapeño
- 2 limes
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- Add the peanuts, jalapeño, grated ginger, fish sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and ¾ cup olive oil to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once the pesto base ingredients are blended, add the fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, and basil) and lime juice to the blender and mix.
- Next, add a few scoops of your pesto to the pan like you would butter and then crack two eggs on top.
- Cook your eggs however you like—scrambled, fried, or omelet style. Tway goes with sunny side up for her breakfast.
- Once your eggs are cooked, plate them on a bed of rice and top with some freshly ground pepper and enjoy!
More from In The Know: