Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Indulge in some French cuisine with this crispy potato galette. Packed with a medley of flavors and textures, this recipe features a golden brown tart made of shredded potatoes and a Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese filling that’s topped with green onions, followed by smoked salmon in the shape of a rose and a sprinkling of dill. No matter the occasion, this delicious galette is guaranteed to have people coming back for more. If you’re looking for a recipe that’s as pretty as it is delicious, try this crispy potato galette with smoked salmon!
- 3 large Idaho potatoes (peeled & grated)
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated)
- Kosher salt
- 3 scallions
- Chop the dill and slice the scallions, then set them aside.
- Peel three Idaho potatoes, then use a large knife to cut them into quarters before grating them into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cheesecloth or a clean dish towel, then turn the bowl upside down to transfer the potato gratings to the cloth.
- Wrap the dish towel or cheesecloth around the potato gratings, then twist and wring them to squeeze out any excess liquid into a bowl.
- Discard the liquid, then place the potato gratings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let dry for 15 minutes.
- Add canola oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat, then add half of the potato gratings and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the potatoes, then cover with the remaining grated potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip the potato and cook the other side.
- If needed, drizzle more canola oil around the potato, then increase the heat to medium for 1-2 minutes or until golden, and set aside.
- Take each piece of smoked salmon and gently roll it into a tube, then spread apart the folded layers on one side to form a rose shape.
- Cut the potato into slices and top each piece with scallions, followed by the smoked salmon rose and a sprinkle of fresh dill before serving.
More from In The Know:
12 gifts your mom actually wants and will use every single day
7 tech gadgets and accessories you will actually use every day while working from home
Buy this flattering maxi dress in every color while it's on sale for under $50 at Nordstrom
It's the last day to shop the Bed Bath & Beyond Cooking Event! Save on Ninja, Le Creuset and more