Build a mini beauty empire from your kitchen with your own line of custom lip balms! With these fun, simple lip balm recipe hacks, you can personalize various salve concoctions with your favorite flavors, scents, and packaging. From a dessert-inspired blend to a floral infusion, here are three lip balm recipe hacks to get you started.
For these hacks, you will need:
- Empty lip balm containers
- Cotton swabs
- Petroleum jelly
- Rainbow nonpareils sprinkles
- 3 tbsp beeswax, divided
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- ⅛ tsp vitamin E oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla flavor
- 1 tsp shea butter
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Petals from 2 roses
Lip Balm Hack 1: Cupcake Lip Balm
- Using a cotton swab, line an empty lip balm container with petroleum jelly.
- Add rainbow nonpareils sprinkles to the petroleum-lined container.
- Add beeswax to a measuring glass, followed by coconut oil, vitamin E oil, vanilla flavor, then thoroughly combine.
- Melt the mixture, then pour it into the lip balm container and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
Lip Balm Hack 2: Honey Lip Balm
- Add beeswax, shea butter, and sunflower oil to a measuring glass.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients before melting them.
- Stir in honey to the liquified mixture.
- Use a spoon to carefully transfer the mixture to a lip balm container, then set it aside to let it harden.
Lip Balm Hack 3: Coconut Rose Lip Balm
- Muddle petals from 2 roses in a glass, then combine with coconut oil and beeswax.
- For 10 minutes, simmer the rose petal mix in a glass measuring cup placed in a saucepan with boiling water, creating a DIY double boiler.
- Add the mixture to a strainer and strain the rose oil into a glass.
- Pour the rose oil into an empty lip balm container, and set it aside to cool completely.
Special Offer for YouSave up to 50% on sale styles at Madewell
More from In The Know: