For a nutritious and delicious breakfast that you can prepare ahead of time, this baked apple cinnamon oatmeal is all that and more. Seasoned with cinnamon and filled with tasty apple shreds, this baked oats breakfast recipe is a flavor-filled on-the-go treat that’s sure to become your new favorite way to start the day. Just bake ahead of time, and reheat in the morning!
- 5 ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded apple
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Next, add the milk, eggs (beaten), melted butter, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, and stir so that the dry ingredients are fully incorporated with the wet ingredients.
- Now add the shredded apple and most of the pecans (save some for garnish), and mix.
- Line a baking dish with cooking spray and pour in your oats mixture. Top with a handful of chopped pecans and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the oats from the oven and slice. Plate your square of baked apple cinnamon oatmeal and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a few more chopped pecans. Enjoy!
More from In The Know: